Emergency Response Pledge in response to FBI attacks
Join the RAPID RESPONSE if the U.S. colonial state and FBI make any further moves against the Uhuru Movement!
On July 29th, 2022, the FBI attacked four unamed “unindicted co-conspirators,” pictured left to right: African People’s Socialist Party (APSP) Chairman Omali Yeshitela, APSP AgitProp Director Akilé Anai, African People’s Solidarity Committee (APSC) Chair Penny Hess and Uhuru Solidarity Movement (USM) Chair Jesse Nevel
On July 29, 2022, the FBI brutally raided seven offices and homes of the African People’s Socialist Party and Uhuru Movement in St. Louis, MO, and St. Petersburg, FL.
A Russian national was indicted by the FBI for conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government. The FBI made bogus allegations implying that the Party’s 50-plus year struggle for the liberation of Africa and African people everywhere was coordinated by “Russian malign influence.”
Chairman Omali Yeshitela, Party Director of Media and Communications Akilé Anai, African People’s Solidarity Committee Chair Penny Hess and Uhuru Solidarity Movement Chair Jesse Nevel were targeted by the FBI as unnamed “unindicted co-conspirators” related to these charges.
March 2023 Update
In early March 2023, Regions Banks notified the Uhuru Movement that their “relationship would be terminated” for accounts specifically tied to funds for programs of the Black Power Blueprint in St. Louis.
See the Call to Action in Response to the Attack By Regions Bank
TAKE ACTION IN THE FACE OF ANY FURTHER STATE ATTACKS
Sign the pledge today to receive urgent action alerts as soon as the emergency response is mobilized!
You will receive notification by text and/or email. Announcements will also be on Chairman Omali Yeshitela’s Facebook Page and Twitter.
- U.S. President Biden
- Merrick Garland, U.S. Attorney General
202-514-2000 (Main line for the Department of Justice)
- Call your congress person
Find your representative
- If you are outside the U.S.
Call your U.S. embassy
- Stop the FBI attacks on Chairman Omali Yeshitela, the African People’s Socialist Party, the Uhuru Movement and Black Liberation organizations!
- Drop the charges against all arrested and release them immediately!
- Pay reparations for the damages and return all property stolen from the Uhuru Movement offices and homes.
Reference: Talking points
On the Saturday following the attack:
- Mobilize your base for large protests at the federal building in your town. If outside the U.S. mobilize at the U.S. embassy.
- Donate to the defense fund at handsoffuhuru.org