On Saturday, October 14, the Hands Off Uhuru Fightback Coalition hosted a teach-in, “Free Free Palestine!” featuring presentations by (in order of appearance):
- Mwezi Odom, Hands Off Uhuru! Hands Off Africa! Campaign Chair
- Akilé Anai, AgitProp Director for the African People’s Socialist Party
- Jesse Nevel, Uhuru Solidarity Movement Chair, speaking on the Jewish question
- Omali Yeshitela, Chairman of the African People’s Socialist Party and the African Socialist International; founder of The Burning Spear newspaper
- Ward Churchill, author, professor, longtime activist and expert on counterinsurgency and Indigenous history
- Charles Barron, New York City Councilman representing East New York
- Benjamin Prado, Undersecretary General of Unión del Barrio, the Mexican-Indigenous Liberation Organization
- Zaki Baruti, President General of the United African People’s Organization
- Allize, Anakbayan, a Filipino liberation organization
- Penny Hess, Chair of the African People’s Solidarity Committee, the organization of white people under the leadership of the African People’s Socialist Party
- Audine Tayag, Vice Chair of the Malaya Movement USA
The African People’s Socialist Party and the Uhuru Movement have always stood in unconditional solidarity with the Palestinian people in their struggle to throw off the bonds of the colonizers and liberate their land! Free Free Palestine!
On Saturday, October 7, the Palestinian Hamas organization launched a profound anti-colonial military offensive against the brutal illegitimate settler state of Israel after 75 years of genocidal colonial occupation of the Palestinian people on their own stolen land. Hamas forces broke through the border fences that kept Arabs in the Gaza strip in a literal open air prison. The illegitimate state of Israel has now locked down the 2.3 million Palestinians in the Gaza strip without electricity, food and water in an attempt to achieve Israeli genocidal aims to wipe the Arab population out.